19 May 2011

Exciting Times.

Last night, I contacted Apolo Anton Ohno, world class, gold medal winning Olympic speed skater, Dancing with the Stars champion (I would guess that Kyra singlehandedly made him win DWTS--she would call from every single phone in our home and then her friend's phones as well.  It was amusing. :)), and all-around good guy.  I did this on behalf of my sister, Kyra, who is basically infatuated with Apolo and the work that he does.  Kyra is a stellar student, athlete, friend, leader...and just all-around good person and if she could meet Apolo...it would be beyond her wildest dreams.  She is following her dreams, and I believe that Apolo's story and the work he does and his motivation...is a large part of why she is so determined and following HER dreams.  His book Zero Regrets has inspired her to keep fighting for her dreams and for what she believes in.  I am trying to get him to speak at her high school graduation, two years from now, in May 2013.  I can't think of anyone else who deserves this more...and I want to make this happen.

If anyone has other ideas as to how I can make this happen for her...let me know!  I have contacted him via his website and Twitter and once in a while I give him a Tweet...I plan on doing a handwritten (well, typed) letter a bit later in the summer...I really want to make this happen for Kyra.  She deserves it more than anyone I know.  Help me help make this girl's dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment