25 March 2011

New knee=New Beginnings.

So I have failed to update in about two weeks...recovery from surgery is a long and tedious process.  I have good days and bad days; days where my knee hardly hurts at all and feels "normal" and days where I want to crawl into my bed and sleep until the pain goes away.  I am lucky to have such a fantastic support system by my side to help me along.  My family, friends, wonderful boyfriend...all have done so much for me and I am so grateful.  My doctor and physician's assistant are excellent, and my physical therapist is the best I have ever known and she pushes me to my limits every single day I go to see her.  I can't wait to be better, but the journey is pretty sweet and I have learned so much about myself through this unexpected experience.

Since I haven't been able to do a whole lot of physical activity except a little walking (hobbling), I have been doing a lot of reading and school work.  I have been mulling things over recently, trying to figure out how I can use what I like to do to make a name for myself and establish network connections.  I am searching for a job that will encompass my interest in communication and social media.  I want to be able to network and I feel like I do not know the first place to start.  I have been given advice by Danny's friend, Candice, who has turned into a sort of mentor and friend to me, too.  I created all of the sites that will hopefully help me on this journey--an about.me dashboard, a HootSuite...heck, even blogging was her idea!  I am trying to Facebook and Tweet about things that interest me, instead of just anecdotes about my mundane life.  It's an endeavor that I will keep trying to improve upon and get better at.  I am excited for where this journey is going to take me...it is time for a change in my life and this is EXACTLY where I want to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment