01 April 2011

Goodness...

I cannot believe how fast everything is happening.  It just dawned on me that I am -almost- half way done with college.  What?!  I decided to stay in tonight to do homework (yeah, I know, on a Friday...but I have had a lot to catch up on in light of surgery.) and I ended up figuring out my schedule for next semester, which led me to wonder if there were any spots left for the Aspin Center for Government in DC for Fall 2011.  Sure enough, there are.  However, I don't particularly want to study "abroad" for an entire semester; it would really mess with my four year plan since in DC you take 9 class credits (3 classes) and then 6 credits worth of internship experience.  With a double major, it would be very difficult to stay on track if I went away for a semester and neglected my Corporate Communication major.  But, as luck may have it, it appears as if there may be spots open for Summer 2011...if there are, and if I get in, I would absolutely love to go there this summer and intern on Capitol Hill and learn all about government...I am really excited right now.  It is just weird to think that I only have four semesters left; time flies so fast.

In the infamous words of Ferris Bueller:

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No comments:

Post a Comment