26 February 2011

Nostalgia.

As I sit here writing this I am getting ready for a fun night with my roommate from last year, Heather, and the first two friends we ever met at Carroll.  It's hard to believe that my first day of college was already a year and a half ago and that this semester is already half over.  I marvel at how much has changed and how much I learned from just that one semester of living with someone (other than my family) and how many truly good friends I actually met.  Things changed rapidly and I moved home, but I am so grateful for that single experience of being able to truly be on my own for a while, making my own decisions without my parents there to tell me what to do or even to guide me in the direction they would have liked me to go in.  I am blessed to have all of these amazing experiences, even if they didn't turn out as expected.  I never knew I would be living with Heather and that we have talked about living together again at some point.  I miss being on my own, but I also enjoy being at home with my family (especially since the ACL incident).  There is something incredibly comforting about being at home, with the people I love most in this world...but I know there is a whole wide world out there that I need to get out and experience...after my knee heals.

I know this was pretty rambling, and I'm sorry.  There is just a lot of emotion with going back to Carroll, and I don't know why.  Maybe I miss it there more than I thought.

I will sign off with one of my favorite songs as of late...

"Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements even if they lead nowhere?"

No comments:

Post a Comment